The Plant City Recreation and Parks Department offers a variety of picnic pavilions that may be reserved for private special occasions such as birthday parties, weddings, family reunions or corporate functions.
Facility Use Permits
- Reservations are for special occasions such as birthday parties, weddings, family reunions and corporate functions. Any events with 100 or more attendees or having any sales of goods, wares or merchandise must be obtain a Special Event Permit issued through the City Manager's office.
- Reservations for the upcoming weekend are not taken after 8 a.m. Friday. Patrons may call the Recreation and Parks Department at 813-659-4255 Fridays from noon to 4:30 p.m. to inquire if particular sites are reserved for the weekend.
- Permit fee of $25 plus 6.8% rental sales tax, total $26.70 per pavilion/gazebo, is due at the time reservation is made.
- Reservations are taken on a 1st come, 1st serve basis and are not confirmed until paid.
- Payment may be made with cash, check or money order. Credit card payment may be made in person at the Recreation & Parks administration office (phone in credit card payments are not allowed). If reservation is made within 14 days of the event, payment by check is not accepted.
- Reservations are made at the Recreation and Parks Department administrative office, located at:
1904 South Park Road
Plant City FL 33563
Hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and the office is closed weekends and holidays.
- Although electricity and water may be available at some pavilions, no pavilions are guaranteed to have working electricity or water available for the event.
- Pavilion use hours are 7 a.m. to sunset.
- Permit guarantees the facility for the date and time reserved.
- Permit receipt should go to the event with you as proof of reservation.
Permit Rules & Regulations
- View a complete copy of the permit rules and regulations (PDF).
Parks With Pavilions
The following parks have pavilions that can be reserved:
- Burchwood Park, 104 Lake Boulevard
- BUR-1, near playground, 5 tables (1 is ADA), seats 40 people
- Courier Field, 703 N Wheeler Street
- COUR-1, near restroom, no tables
- COUR-2, gazebo, no tables
- Ellis-Methvin Park, 2601 E Cherry Street
- EM-1, northside of park, 5 tables (1 is ADA), seats 40 people
- EM-2, east side of park, 5 tables (1 is ADA), seats 40 people
- EM-3, near playground, 5 tables (1 is ADA), seats 40 people
- Gilchrist Park, 704 N Pennsylvania Avenue
- GIL-1, near south playground, 5 tables, seats 40 people
- GIL-2, near north playground, 5 tables, seats 40 people
- Marie B. Ellis Park, 601 E Laura Street
- MBE-1, near playground, 4 tables, seats 32 people
- MBE-2, gazebo, no tables, 4 benches, seats 8 people
- Martin Luther King Jr Recreation Center, 1601 E Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
- MLK-1, near playground, 9 tables, seats 72 people (only available through October 1, 2018)
- McCall Park, 100 N Collins Street
- MC-1, gazebo, no tables, 2 benches, seats 4 people
- Mike Sansone Park, 1701 N Park Road
- SAN-1, near west entrance, 3 tables, seats 24 people
- SAN-2, near west playground, 5 table, seats 40 people
- SAN-3, near volleyball courts, 2 tables, seats 16 people
- SAN-4, near east playground, 4 tables, seats 40 people
- Otis M. Andrews Sports Complex, 2402-2602 E Cherry Street
- OMA-1, near east playground, 5 tables, seats 40 people
- OMA-2, near west playground, 5 tables, seats 40 people
- Planteen Recreation Center, 301 Dort Street
- PT-1, near playground, 2 tables, seats 16 people
- Snowden Park, 902 Waller Street
- SNO-1, near restrooms, 4 tables, seats 32 people
- SNO-2, near playground, 2 tables, seats16 people. Adjoining pergola/patio with 4 benches, seats 8 people.
- SNO-3, behind basketball court, 14 tables (2 are ADA), seats 112